030128 KU European Labour and Social Security Law (2021W)
- Anmeldung von Mo 13.09.2021 00:01 bis Mo 27.09.2021 23:59
- Abmeldung bis Do 14.10.2021 23:59
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
1. oral performance in class,
3. final written exam on the overall material in the last unit.
Active participation in the course, especially in the form of involvement in case solutions, is expressly desired. The plus points for participation are entered in the list at the end of each unit. Students who have made meaningful comments or solved part of a case (correct or in any case justifiable) will receive a plus point.
The written examination consists of knowledge questions and short cases. The use of an uncommented collection of legal documents is permitted.
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
The assessment will be as follows:
1. active oral participation in case solution and discussions (10%),
2. self-study assignments (40%),
3. written examination (50%).
For a positive assessment of the course, attendance and the achievement of 60% of the assessment criteria are necessary.
2. Posting of workers and working time: Posted Workers Directive 96/71/EC, “new” Posted Workers Directive (EU) 2018/957; Art 31 CFR, Working Time Directive 2003/88/EC
3. Protection against discrimination: Art 19 TFEU, Art 21 CFR; discrimination on the basis of gender: 153 TFEU, Directive 2006/54/EC on equal opportunities of men and women; Framework Directive 2000/78/EC (religion, belief, disability, age, sexual orientation); Directive 2000/43/EC on equal treatment irrespective of race and ethnic origin
4. “Atypical” employment: Directive 97/81/EC on part-time work, Directive 1990/70/EC on fixed-term work, Directive 2008/104/EC on temporary agency work
5. Restructuring of companies and participation of employees in business decision: Directive 98/59/EC on collective redundancies, Directive 2001/23 on transfer of undertakings, Directive 2008/94/EC on the protection of employees in the event of insolvency of their employer; collective labour law in the EU Art 154-155 TFEU, Directive 94/45/EC establishing a European Works Council, revised Directive 2009/38/EC; Directive 2001/86/EC regarding the involvement of employees of a European company (Societas Europae SE), Directive (EU) 2017/1132 and the amending Directive (EU) 2019/2121 on cross-border mergers
6. Coordination of social security systems: Art 48 TFEU, Regulation 883/2004 on the coordination of social security systems, Directive 2011/24/EU on patients’ rights in cross-border healthcareThe use of an uncommented collection of legal documents is permitted.
Schrammel/Windisch-Grätz, Europäisches Arbeits- und Sozialrecht, 2. Auflage (2018) (e-book accessible via u:search),
Fuchs/Marhold/Friedrich, Europäisches Arbeitsrecht, 6. Auflage (2020) (e-book accessible via u:search).
Further reading and informations on the relevant literature will be given in the first lesson.