040643 SE Advanced Topics in Valuation (MA) (2019W)
wird als Seminar aus Corporate Finance und Banking and Financial Intermediation anerkannt
- Anmeldung von Mo 16.09.2019 09:00 bis Mo 23.09.2019 12:00
- Abmeldung bis Mo 14.10.2019 12:00
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
Persönliche Anmeldung bei Frau Mirzana Muharemagic per E-Mail: email@example.com
Da diese Lehrveranstaltung in Kooperation mit UNIQA und PwC stattfindet, ist die positive Absolvierung der Kurse
KU Corporate Finance 1
KU Valuation ODER KU Corporate Restructuring
erforderlich (siehe Mindestanforderungen unten).
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
• This course emphasizes both theoretical analysis and practical applications.
• Working language is English.
• Students are required to come to classes, read all cases and actively participate in the discussions.
• There will be 2 case preparations: one on insurance companies and one on banks. Cases must be handed in on time. No credit will be given for late cases.
The case method is one of the most effective pedagogical tools to sharpen your analytical and decision-making skills, as it requires you to be an active participant in financial decisions. The discussion constitutes an opportunity to defend your position and to learn from others, by listening to their comments and criticism. Classrooms are our training environments to prepare you for business challenges.
You are encouraged to meet in groups to discuss and analyse the cases. In the past, students have found that these groups complement the class discussion well.
Regarding the cases, each group will submit a three-page memorandum of analysis and recommendations covering the case study questions plus any accompanying tables you wish to include. Tables should be well organized and labelled. Be sure to indicate how you arrived at your conclusions. In addition, groups are required to prepare a power point presentation, including the main points of the analysis.
What do I expect from you in class
This is an interactive course, where your active participation is required. Attendance is compulsory.
A learning area will be available in the Intranet (Moodle). There, you would find instructions for the sessions, communications, bibliography, etc. Please look at it a couple of times a week. Slides of the sessions will also be posted here, always BEFORE the class.
You are not supposed to use your laptop/tablets during case discussions. You have to be 100% focused in the discussions. You may use your laptops/tablets on the lectures/discussion sessions ONLY for academic purposes, emailing, facebooking, tweeting, chatting, skyping, internet surfing, etc. should NOT be done during classes. Engaging yourself in such activities would penalize strongly your grade on class participation.
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
KU Corporate Finance 1
KU Valuation OR KU Corporate Restructuring
The cases delivered by PwC and UNIQA are also part of the assessment.
Attendance is COMPULSORY. The pass grade is 50 %.
The evaluation will be based on the following items:
90% Case Studies
10% In-Class Participation
(1) UNIQA Case Study (TBA)
(2) PwC Case Study, TBA
• Lecture Notes and Materials from UNIQA & PwC
• Investment Valuation, 2nd edition, Aswath Damodaran, 2002 (book, manuscript, lecture notes).
• Valuation, 4th edition, Chapters 5-12, McKinsey & Company, Tim Koller, Marc Goedhart and David Wessels, 2005.
• Valuation: The Art and Science of Corporate Investment Decisions, Sheridan Titman and John Martin, Addison Wesley, 2007.