410007 SE Epochs, Periods and Boundaries: The Making of Historical Disciplines (2020W)
Colloquium of the Cluster "Ancient, Byzantine and Medieval Studies"
- Anmeldung von Fr 04.09.2020 09:00 bis Fr 18.09.2020 09:00
- Abmeldung bis Sa 31.10.2020 23:59
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
12 Oct., 9 Nov., 23 Nov., 7 Dec., 11 Jan., 25 Jan.
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
Participation at each class meeting is mandatory. In cases of unavoidable absence, the instructors must be informed ahead of time.UPDATE (12.i.21):In the light of our move from f2f to online delivery, the assessment regime has been adjusted as follows to ensure best use of our in-class time:(i) active participation and contribution to class –– 50%(ii) an in-class presentation of your own PhD-level research project, reflecting its dependence on, and position in, the framework of periodisation and disciplinary boundaries –– 15%(iii) a written portfolio submission (in a single PDF-file), comprising three distinctive elements (following a title page and a table of contents):
• a write-up of your research presentation of point (ii), above. Suggested length: 2,000 words –– 15%
• your reflective paper as was due for initial submission for session 4. Changes to the original submission are permitted –– 10%
• a comparative book review of two book-length introductions to your respective field of study, which originally must have been published within thirty years or more from one another. Suggested length: 2,000 words –– 10%
–– overall percentage: 35%