430010 SE Dissertation Seminar in Cognitive Science, Knowledge Technologies, and Philosophy of Science (2015W)
- 20.10. | rhiz | ab 18h | Seminar (first meeting/Vorbesprechung) + Party
- 03.11. | rhiz | 18-20h | Seminar
- 17.11. | rhiz | 18-20h | Seminar
- 01.12. | rhiz | 18-20h | Seminar
- 15.12. | rhiz | 18-20h | Seminar
- 12.01. | rhiz | ab 18h | Seminar + Party
- 26.01. | rhiz | 18-20h | Seminar
http://rhiz.org/additional dates (knowledge technologies & innovation):
* Nov 20, 16-20h, Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien/ Vienna University of Economics and Business | Department of Information Systems and Operations, Institute for Information Business | Building D2, Entrance C, 3rd Floor | Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna (U2 Messe)* Dec 11, 16-20h, Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien/ Vienna University of Economics and Business | Department of Information Systems and Operations, Institute for Information Business | Building D2, Entrance C, 3rd Floor | Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna (U2 Messe)This seminar is targeted at PhD students working in the field of the Cognitive Science. Participants will get the chance to present their current work and discuss it intensively with peers from various disciplines.
There are no strict content and format restrictions to the presentations. The presenter thus has the opportunity to creatively pick his or her topic and develop the format of the presentation. However, efforts should be focused on enabling in-depth discussions and exchanges of ideas within this multi-disciplinary group of PhD students.
Beyond that, in each session there will be some time for the participating PhD community to self-organize (e.g. co-organize speakers for Cognitive Science Talk series according to the emerging interests of the group, etc.), reflect upon the progress of the event series and come up with significant adaptations to the procedure.
As the venue we have chosen a non-university room -- the Rhiz (see below). Over the last two decades the Rhiz has proven to be a suitable site for all kinds of cultural events. Its function room is booked for the time of the seminar and its facilities, e.g. multimedia equipment, can be made use of during sessions.
After the seminar our local community of students and researchers in Cognitive Science will be invited to join the PhD group and spent the evening together at the Rhiz.* For further information see: http://www.univie.ac.at/knowledge/peschl/