040064 KU Implementation of Optimization Techniques - Part 2 (MA) (2018W)
- Registration is open from Mo 10.09.2018 09:00 to Th 20.09.2018 12:00
- Registration is open from Mo 24.09.2018 09:00 to We 26.09.2018 12:00
- Registration is open from Mo 26.11.2018 08:00 to Fr 30.11.2018 12:00
- Deregistration possible until Th 13.12.2018 20:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
In general, there is one spare date. This provides the flexibility of rescheduling a lesson (e.g., in case of illness).
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
* [30%] Mid-Term Exam (pen and paper, closed book)
* [40%] End-Term Exam (programming, open book)The homework programming exercises can (and should be done) in groups of 2 - 3 people. They have to be uploaded in Moodle until latest Tuesday 23:59 o'clock prior to the next class. At the beginning of each class groups will be randomly selected to present their code. In general, if a programming exercise is uploaded students must be present in class, so that they can be chosen to present their homework.Absence without a valid excuse can be penalized by deducting up to twice as many points as the ticked questions/exercises are worth. If one is asked to present the solution of a programming exercise but fails to do so, all points for programming exercises of the respective class will be canceled.Attempts of cheating by groups (e.g., uploading code which was partly not written by themselves) or single students (e.g., no contribution to the exercise) might be penalized by deducting up to twice as many points as the exercise is worth. In severe cases, cheating (copying code) may even lead to failing the course and an entry of “X” in the record of exams.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
1: 87% to 100%
2: 75% to <87%
3: 63% to <75%
4: 50% to <63%
* Implementation of optimization methods for various problems that arise in production and logistics.
In order to access this material you need a valid UNET account. Moodle weblogin: https://moodle.univie.ac.at/Useful links: