040185 KU Logistics and Material Management (MA) (2021S)
- Registration is open from Th 11.02.2021 09:00 to Mo 22.02.2021 12:00
- Registration is open from Th 25.02.2021 09:00 to Fr 26.02.2021 12:00
- Deregistration possible until We 31.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Most of the content of the class will be provided on a weekly basis online live, but slides with audio comments will also be provided. Correspondingly, there will be homework examples every week which have to be solved individually and have to be uploaded in Moodle.The midterm exam is planned for April 20th online. The final exam on June 22nd is also online.Additional details and updates will be provided in Moodle.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- weekly homework assignments (20%; students must upload the homework examples in Moodle)
- a written midterm exam (40%) (date: April 20th, 2021)
- a written final exam (40%) (date: June 22nd, 2021)The online exam is open book. The exams planned to be held on-site are closed book. Note that this might be changed to online if this is not possible due to the Corona situation.Cheating during an examination will be sanctioned according to the university's constitution in its current form (i.e., the entire course will not be graded but marked as cheated and counted as one attempt). Signing for another student will be counted as cheating as well (also during homework sessions).Students who want to take part in an exam are required to bring their student ID.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
4: 50% to <63%
3: 63% to <75%
2: 75% to <88%
1: 88% to 100%
- Order batching
- Bin packing
- Dynamic multi-product lot-sizing (small bucket problems, big bucket problems, capacity restrictions, multi-level structure, decomposition approaches)
- Cachon, G., Terwiesch, C. (2009), Matching Supply with Demand, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill
- Tempelmeier (2008), Material Logistik, 7. Auflage, Springer
- Nahmias (2009), Production and Operations Analysis, 6th ed., Mc. Graw Hill
- Silver, E.A., Pyke, D.F., Peterson, R. (1998), Inventory Management and Production Planning and Scheduling, 3rd edition, Wiley.