040676 KU Metaheuristics (MA) (2018W)
- Registration is open from Mo 10.09.2018 09:00 to Th 20.09.2018 12:00
- Registration is open from Mo 24.09.2018 09:00 to We 26.09.2018 12:00
- Deregistration possible until Mo 15.10.2018 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Project work (choose one): 40%
- programming a metaheuristic for an optimisation problem
- read and study a scientific paper
Oral presentation of the project: 10%
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
2. E. K. Burke and G. Kendall (2014), editors, Search Methodologies: Introductory Tutorials in Optimization and Decision Support Techniques, 2nd edition, Springer, 716 pages.
3. H. H. Hoos and T. Stützle (2005), Stochastic Local Search: Foundations and Applications, Elsevier, 658 pages.