122042 PS Proseminar Linguistics 1 (2019S)
Phonetics and phonology
- Registration is open from Fr 15.02.2019 00:00 to Fr 22.02.2019 14:00
- Deregistration possible until Su 31.03.2019 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- pre-paper activities (bibliography and mini-paper outline) 10%
- the mini-paper (1st draft) 40%
- the mini-paper (final version) 20%
- regular assignments throughout the semester (homework assignments, in-class and online quizzes, first session quiz, peer review) 30%Completion and submission of all tasks on time and in full.The pass grade is 60%.
In order to pass, you must reach a positive grade on at least one of the mini-paper submissions (first draft or final version), i.e. failing both mini-paper versions means that you will not pass the course, independently of the overall points reached.
Attendance: max. 2 absences allowedGrading scheme:
1 (Sehr gut): 100-90%
2 (Gut): 89.9-80%
3 (Befriedigend): 79.9-70%
4 (Genügend): 69.9-60%
5 (Nicht genügend): 59.9-0%
For details about the quiz and further information about assessment and grading please see the information given above.
Plag, Ingo; Braun, Maria; Lappe, Sabine; Schramm, Mareile. Introduction to English Linguistics. Berlin, New York: Mouton de Gruyter.Class reader (details to be announced)
Association in the course directory
Code/Modul: UF 3.3.2-204, BA05.3