180153 SE Piketty and the philosophy of inequality (2018W)
- Registration is open from Fr 14.09.2018 14:00 to Fr 21.09.2018 09:00
- Registration is open from Th 27.09.2018 14:00 to We 03.10.2018 09:00
- Deregistration possible until We 31.10.2018 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
No meeting on October 24!
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- A 800-1000 word extended abstract of a proposed term paper. In the seminar, we will discuss how to write such abstracts, which are a common format for submitting work to academic conferences in philosophy.
- A 3000-3500 word term paper. The term paper may be on the same topic as the abstract, but does not have to be.
Submission deadlines will be announced at the start of the term, the first assessment will not be due before the end of the term.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Students have to submit the extended abstract and the term paper, written in English. The extended abstract counts 20% towards the final grade, the term paper 80%.
Students are required to actively attend the seminar, two unauthorized absences will be excused. Active seminar attendance includes reading the assigned core texts, and submitting weekly assigned short exercises on Moodle, before each seminar.
The text is available for sale at facultas.
Further readings will be made available electronically. All assigned readings will be in English.