180212 SE Artefacts and Scientific Reasoning (2020W)
- Registration is open from We 16.09.2020 09:00 to We 23.09.2020 10:00
- Registration is open from Fr 25.09.2020 09:00 to Fr 02.10.2020 10:00
- Deregistration possible until Sa 31.10.2020 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Teaching takes place online as long as the Covid-19 crisis continues
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
(co-)chairing a class (10%), and a thesis-oriented essay (50 %).
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
1. Active participation to the seminars: You need to attend to at least 12 classes.
2. Readings and assignments: You have to prepare for the classes well enough to be able to present the basic argument(s) of the readings. Additionally, you have to send a question on the readings to the Moodle dashboard 48 hours before the class.
3. Each student needs to chair, or co-chair, one class. The chair(s) should give a comprehensive overview of the submitted questions, and lead the discussion.
4. A thesis-oriented essay in English on a given topic (2000 words, excluding references). The more specific instructions will be given later.