240509 SE Femininity/ Masculinity: Case Studies from the Middle East (P3, P4) (2018W)
- Registration is open from Sa 01.09.2018 00:01 to Mo 24.09.2018 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Mo 15.10.2018 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
* active participation in course discussions, presentations etc.
* attendance in 80% of all courses (up to 3 units à 2 hours may be missed, that means you are allowed to not attend part of one of the presentation sessions)
* circulation of handout (1 2 pages) of own presentation to all course participants including instructor; handout must be sent 48 hours before the respective presentation (schedule of presentations will be sent out in due time by instructor)
* submission of written text (approx. 2500 words without bibliography (that is approx.12 pages in 12 fonds, one spaced), in English or German must be submitted by February 28th 2019 at the latest, Word count has to be written on front page of paper.
no extension of deadline possible
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Participation in class room discussions 10 %
On time circulation of handout 10 %
Paper Presentation 30 %
Final paper 50 %grades:
Sehr gut 100 % to 91 % of all points
Gut 90 % to 76 % of all points
Befriedigend 75 % to 61 % of all points
Genügend 60 % to 51 % of all points
Nicht genügend 50 % and less of all points
References/ Literature: Obligatory reading cf. moodle platform.
Additional key publications are available in the 'Handbibliothek', further list of references is provided on moodle platform