300374 PP Hands-on Cryopreparation techniques and Immunolabelling for Light and Electron Microscopy (2014W)
To enable advanced BIO-stud. to understand & apply advan.cryo-electron microscopy, immunolabelling within their own research. Supported by lectures & demonst., this intensive, hand-on training courese teaches special. techn.,such as Tokuyasu cryosectioning, high-pressure freezing-freeze substitution & acrylic resin embedding for high resol. localization of intracell. proteins & other intracell. struc. by immunogold labelling
LV BLOCK: 10.11.2014-28.11.2014; 3-weeks block course, whole days
- Registration is open from Mo 08.09.2014 08:00 to We 24.09.2014 18:00
- Deregistration possible until Fr 31.10.2014 18:00
NOTE: LV BLOCK: 10.11.2014-28.11.2014; 3-wöchig-täglich, ganztätig
Preferred Prerequisite: Kurs 300674 PP
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
(1) Participation in lectures, group poster preparation and practicum,
(2) Individual oral assessment of understanding technical and theoretical knowledge presented in lectures and demonstrations (end of course),
(3) Final student talk (7-10 mins) followed by open discussion and questions.
(optional) Additional work by students using their own samples is possible, if you would choose this, please send abstracts (200 words) describing your research interest and intended use for immunoelectron microscopy and contact course leaders for further information to:; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. ; Students with own samples are advised that you will be required to give a 5 minute introductory talk during the course (03.10.2014) describing your major research interest and the intended application of immuno- electron microscopy in your research, including a description of the samples they will use in the course. This talk will be immediately followed by a 5 minute discussion for recommendations on preparation of their samples for the course.