Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, changes to courses and exams may be necessary at short notice. Inform yourself about the current status on u:find and check your e-mails regularly.
Please read the information on https://studieren.univie.ac.at/en/info.
301102 UE Practical Course in Molecular Genetics and Pathology (2021S)
Continuous assessment of course work
Note: The time of your registration within the registration period has no effect on the allocation of places (no first come, first served).
- Registration is open from Th 11.02.2021 08:00 to Th 29.07.2021 18:00
- Deregistration possible until Th 29.07.2021 18:00
max. 12 participants
Course requirements and admission criteria:
1. Attendance at the preliminary meeting (‘Vorbesprechung’);
2. Successfully completion of the lecture VO301101 ‘Epigenetics’ (WS) Egger, Seiser;
3. Master’s students in A 066 877 'Genetics und Developmental Biology' will have preferential access;
4. Additional requirements for students who have not completed their bachelor's degree in the bachelor's program Biologie at the University of Vienna in the areas of BMG or BMB: External students who got practical courses (UE) as requirement by the admission to the Master´s program have to complete them in advance (bring a copy of your admission letter and a current transcript to the preliminary meeting).
Assessment and permitted materials
Compulsory attendance; the evaluation consists of different performances: active participation and results obtained, written report, theoretical knowledge including final exam (the percentage of the subgrades will be announced by the course leader); each of the subgrades must have a positive evaluation.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Students need to perform the experiments, write a protocol and give a final presentation
scripts and literature provided by teachers
C. David Allis, Marie-Laure Caparros, Thomas Jenuwein, Danny Reinberg: Epigenetics 2nd edition
MGE I-2, Biologische Chemie: BIO II-1
Last modified: We 26.05.2021 07:49