400012 SE From Malthus to global sustainable development: Populationand human wellbeing (2021S)
SE Theory for Doctoral Candidates
- Registration is open from Mo 01.02.2021 08:00 to Th 25.02.2021 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Th 25.02.2021 23:59
The course will be held digital.11. März Introduction
!!! Please note the changed time slot: 17:00-18:30 (see emails and Moodle) !!!18. März 14-18:00 Block 119. Mai 14-18:00 mid-term discussions 1
!! 20. Mai 14-18:00 mid-term discussions 2 WILL NOT BE HELD AND MOVED TO:
26. Mai 14-18:00 mid-term discussions 223.Juni 14-18:00 Presentations 1
24. Juni 14-18:00 Presentations 2
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
2. Quality of presentations (30 percent)
3. Quality of written annotated version of the presentation with clear definition of sources and methods used, discussion of results and references (60 percent)Important Grading Information:If not explicitly noted otherwise, all requirements mentioned in the grading scheme must be met.
If a required task is not fulfilled, this will be considered as a discontinuation of the course. In that case, the course will be graded as ‘fail’ (5), unless there is a major and unpredictable reason for not being able to fulfill the task on the student's side (e.g. a longer illness).
In such a case, the student may be de-registered from the course without grading.
Whether this exception applies is decided by the lecturer.
If any requirement of the course has been fulfilled by fraudulent means, be it for example by cheating at an exam, plagiarizing parts of a written assignment or by faking signatures on an attendance sheet, the student's participation in the course will be discontinued, the entire course will be graded as ‘not assessed’ and will be entered into the electronic exam record as ‘fraudulently obtained’.
The plagiarism-detection service (Turnitin in Moodle) can be used in course of the grading: Details will be announced by the lecturer.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
A maximum of one missed sessions will be tolerated. In the case of important personal reasons to miss more sessions the instructor can grant special permission.
Assessment criteria for the above stated three components of assessment:
For participation in discussions the student will receive 0-10 points
For the quality of the oral presentation the student will receive 0-30 points
For the quality of the written documentation the student will receive 0-60 points
Only if the student scores a total of over 50 points there will be a positive grade.