230028 VO Knowledge, Everyday Culture and Society (2017W)
- Registration is open from Sa 16.06.2018 00:01 to Sa 30.06.2018 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Sa 30.06.2018 23:59
Assessment and permitted materials
• Organization: Provide a response that exhibits a skillful organizational strategy. The response is unified by a controlling idea or purpose, and a logical progression of ideas increases the effectiveness of the writer’s argument. Transitions between and within paragraphs strengthen the relationships among ideas.
• Content: Have to generate an analysis or argument that critically engages with multiple perspectives on the given issue. The argument’s thesis reflects nuance and precision in thought and purpose. The argument establishes and employs an insightful context for analysis of the issue and its perspectives. The analysis examines implications, complexities and tensions, and/or underlying values and assumptions.
• Development: Develop ideas and support for claims that deepens insight and broaden the context. An integrated line of skillful reasoning and illustration effectively conveys the significance of the argument. Qualifications and complications enrich and bolster ideas and analysis.
• Language: Use language that enhances the argument. Word choice is skillful and precise. Sentence structures are consistently varied and clear. Stylistic and register choices, including voice and tone, are strategic and effective. While a few minor errors in grammar, usage, and mechanics may be present, they must not impede understanding.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
2 - Good (above the average standard but with some errors)
3 - Satisfactory (generally sound work with a number of notable errors)
4 - Sufficient (performance meets the minimum criteria)
5 - Inadequate (considerable further work is required)