180094 SE Transformative and Intertemporal Choice (2018W)
- Anmeldung von Fr 14.09.2018 14:00 bis Fr 21.09.2018 09:00
- Anmeldung von Do 27.09.2018 14:00 bis Mi 03.10.2018 09:00
- Abmeldung bis Mi 31.10.2018 23:59
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
No meeting on October 24!
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
- The group presentation focuses on the core reading of the given week. Each presentation has three parts: Part 1 explains the key claims of the reading, part 2 applies the key claims to an (imagined or real) concrete choice situation, and part 3 offers one or two points of criticism to the philosophical argument. Students present in groups of 2-3 presenters, and presentations are 15 minutes in length.
- Students write a 3000-3500 word term paper. The term paper may be on the same topic as the presentation, but does not have to be. The term paper must also include the elements of exposition of key claims from the literature, critical discussion, and application to concrete choice situations. The term-paper is single-authored.
Submission deadlines will be announced at the start of the term, the term paper will not be due before the end of the term.
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
Students are required to actively attend the seminar, two unauthorized absences will be excused. Active seminar attendance includes reading the assigned core texts, and submitting weekly assigned short exercises on Moodle, before each seminar.
- The topic of the term paper is chosen individually by each student, in consultation with the lecturer. Any topics linked to the seminar themes may be chosen, pending approval by the lecturer.
The text is available for sale at facultas.