200149 SE Vertiefungsseminar: Klinische Psychologie und Gesundheitspsychologie (2019W)
Biological basis of stress and health
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
The seminar will begin on 08.10.2019, at 11:30 am in Hörsaal E, Liebiggasse 5.
Please be punctual in order to retain your spot in the seminar. Available spots will be allocated to the waiting list.
Erasmus students interested in taking this course should email the instructor directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
Students will also choose empirical articles to present for discussion during class time.Assignments include weekly thought papers and a final research proposal.Your weekly responsibilities:
- Read the target reading and prepare to discuss it in class.
- Each week, one or two students will lead the discussion of the target article.
- Prior to each class, write a brief reflection of about 300 words. This reflection should include a reaction to the target reading, as well as a research question it raises for you. Present a hypothesis, a research design, predicted results, and implications. Send this in an email to the instructor by 10 am on Monday of the week of the relevant class.
- Identify an empirical article related to the target reading. Present it to the group in class. Give a 5-minute explanation of the research in your empirical article. Be prepared to answer basic questions about the research.
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
- Weekly reflections on target article (15%)
- Leading group discussion of target article (20%)
- Active participation in class (15%)
- 5-10 minute discussion of your own article in class (15%)
- Final, 2-3 page research proposal (35)%