230044 SE Reading Seminar: Urban Challenges (2020S)
- Anmeldung von Mo 03.02.2020 10:00 bis Fr 21.02.2020 10:00
- Anmeldung von Do 27.02.2020 10:00 bis Fr 28.02.2020 10:00
- Abmeldung bis Do 30.04.2020 23:59
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
Please note the slightly changed schedule!24.3 - 16:45-19:00 Lecture Room 13, Oskar-Morgenstern-Platz 1 (2nd floor)19.5 - 16:45-19:00 Lecture Room A0518, Department of Geography (5th floor)
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
If not explicitly noted otherwise, all requirements mentioned in the grading scheme must be met.
If a required task is not fulfilled, this will be considered as a discontinuation of the course. In that case, the course will be graded as ‘fail’ (5), unless there is a major and unpredictable reason for not being able to fulfill the task on the student's side (e.g. a longer illness).
In such a case, the student may be de-registered from the course without grading.
Whether this exception applies is decided by the lecturer.
If any requirement of the course has been fulfilled by fraudulent means, be it for example by cheating at an exam, plagiarizing parts of a written assignment or by faking signatures on an attendance sheet, the student's participation in the course will be discontinued, the entire course will be graded as ‘not assessed’ and will be entered into the electronic exam record as ‘fraudulently obtained’.
The plagiarism-detection service (Turnitin in Moodle) can be used in course of the grading: Details will be announced by the lecturer.
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
- Active participation during discussions with the authors and in particular during the debriefing (20%)
- 4 short summaries (approx. half a page) of the texts to be uploaded 2 days before class (20%)
- Seminar paper (10,000 characters) about a chosen topic in relation to the four challenges (40%)