233041 SE Cities - Planning - Infrastructure (2019W)
An STS Perspective
- Anmeldung von Mo 02.09.2019 08:00 bis So 22.09.2019 23:59
- Anmeldung von Di 24.09.2019 08:00 bis So 29.09.2019 23:59
- Abmeldung bis Do 03.10.2019 23:59
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
The course features two excursions:
Tuesday 08. October 10-12h: Invisible Infrastructures: The Metro Control Center Erdberg
Friday 11. October 10-12h: Urban Nature: Vienna Water ("Wasserturm")
Attendance is compulsory.
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
- Read the required literature and hand in reading responses: For each session, every student has to hand in a reading response of 1-2 pages that engages with the required reading(s) and the posed questions. These contributions should compare and critically reflect the readings and consist of an own position of the student towards the author’s main arguments. These reading responses should facilitate discussion during the sessions. Reading responses are to be uploaded on Moodle no later than noon, the day before each session.
- Give a presentation of literature summaries: Each session, 3-5 students will be required to start the class discussion by briefly (5-8 minutes) summarizing the main arguments of the required readings.
- Write blog posts on excursions: Each student will be required to write and document a blog post on each excursion by briefly relating the insights from the excursion with the discussed literature. The blog posts consist of 1-2 pages including pictures and need to be uploaded by xx (first excursion) and xx (second excursion).
- Individual presentation of your blog posts on the excursion in the last session: The presentations last a maximum of 10 minutes per student and need to be uploaded by xx noon.
- Participate actively in the discussions of all sessions.
- Adhere to the general standards of good academic practice.'This course uses the plagiarism-detection service Turnitin for larger assignments.'
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
Presentations of literature summary: 20%, assessed as group work,
feedback by lecturer in class;
Blog posts and presentation: 30%, assessed individually, feedback on request;
Active participation: 20%, assessed individually, feedback on request;Minimum requirements
To successfully complete the course, a weighted average of at least 4,5 is required. Failure to meet the
attendance regulations, to deliver course assignments on time or to adhere to standards of academic
work may also be considered in the course assessment.Grades
Unsatisfactory (5) (fail)