240512 SE The Indian Ocean: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives (P3) (2019W)
- Anmeldung von So 01.09.2019 00:01 bis Mo 23.09.2019 23:59
- Abmeldung bis Mo 14.10.2019 23:59
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
2. Each student will give a short presentation about an (additional) article or book that is not on the literature list and link it to the themes and literature discussed (of about 10 to 15 minutes). The assignment will count towards 40 points of the final mark.
3. Each student will write an essay of 6,000 to 8,500 words at the end of the course. This will count towards 50 points of the final mark.NB. Please note, all written assignments will be checked with anti-plagiarism software.
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
2. With prior notification, an absence of a maximum of 20% of the total hours will be allowed - that is, an attendance of 80% of the total hours is compulsory. Failing to notify your absence in advance will be considered a failure of the minimum requirements.
3. All assignments have to be completed successfully.NB, as part of the course, we will visit the natural history museum, which involves an own contribution of about €7.The lecturer can invite students to a grade-relevant discussion about partial achievements. Partial achievements that are obtained by fraud or plagiarized result in the non-evaluation of the course (entry 'X' in certificate). From winter term 2019/20 the plagiarism software 'Turnitin' will be used for courses with continuous assessment.