270109 VO Colloid and Interface Science (2018W)
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
Seminarraum 2 Währinger Straße 38 Dekanat 1. Stock
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
- significant forces between colloidal particles, how they can be calculated in approximation and exactly and how they can be measured
- how to form emulsions and foams and the physical properties required for stable foams and emulsions to form
- how to manipulate the wettability of surfaces
- why surfactants are active at interfaces and be able to choose which type/class of surfactant would be best to use in certain situations, specifically which would be good to form emulsions, as dispersants and good wetting agents, which would be good to destabilise emulsions
- why rheological properties are important in many applications and how to alter them
Berg, JC An introduction to interfaces and colloids: The bridge to nanoscience
Aveyard, R. and Haydon, D. A. An Introduction to the Principles of Surface Chemistry. University Press: Cambridge, 1973
P. Becher, Emulsions and Emulsion Technology (Marcel Dekker), 1983. (see also 1985, 1987)
M.J. Rosen, Surfactants and Interfacial Phenomena, 3rd Ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc, Chichester, 2004.
K. Holmberg, et al., Surfactants and Polymers in Aqueous Solutions, 2nd Ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc, Chichester, 2003.