300337 SE Trends in plant genome evolution: Polyploidy (2020W)
- Anmeldung von Do 10.09.2020 08:00 bis Do 24.09.2020 18:00
- Abmeldung bis Sa 31.10.2020 18:00
Termine (iCal) - nächster Termin ist mit N markiert
VB: 06.10.2020 12:00 ONLINE (link will be sent to all registered students)
Te seminar will be blocked in the second part of the semester (from 24.11 on) in a few meetings (4-5) agreed upon during the first meeting. First regular meeting(24.11) will be a lecture/talk summarizing basic facts about polyploidy to provide background for the papers that students will select and present. During this first meeting students will also be given a selection of papers to present. Papers' presentations will take place during next 3-4 meetings.
Ziele, Inhalte und Methode der Lehrveranstaltung
Art der Leistungskontrolle und erlaubte Hilfsmittel
oral presentations of selected papers during the course (70%): two or three papers to present per student depending on the number of participants; active discussions during presentations (10%) and written protocol - overview and opinion paper (20%); Min 50% for positive grade
Mindestanforderungen und Beurteilungsmaßstab
- focus on polyploidy in plants, but other groups of organisms can also be discussed if of interest
- to learn and understand the processes leading to polyploid formation and establishment.
- to discuss the evolution of polyploid genomes, with special emphasis on the repetitive DNA, and chromosomal rearrangements
- to understand the role and importance of polyploids in plant diversification and speciation
- to get acquainted with the use of state-of-the-art next generation sequencing to analyze the polyploid genomes and to compare their evolution with diploid progenitors
presentations and discussions