020028 SE Interdisciplinary Research (2018W)
Lamentations in the Hebrew Bible and the Ancient Near East
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Parts of the Seminary will be in English:
- the Joint Classroom at the Hebrew University Jerusalem, 11.-16.11.2018, with Dr. Uri Gabbay et al.
- the seminary with Prof. Dr. Yair Zakovitch from the Hebrew University Jerusalem on Fr, January 11th, 2019, 9.45-13.00, HS 1 about Lamentations between innerbiblical and postbiblical interpretations
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- preparation of biblical and other texts with commentaries
- written exegesis of a text from Lamentations: in comparison to a sumerian lamentation, another biblical text or a rabbinic interpretation (about 5-10 pages)
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
It is possible to participate only at parts of the seminary for interest.
- Neusner, Jacob: Lamentations Rabbah. An Analytical Translation, Atlanta 1989
- Samet, Nili: The Lamentation over the Destruction of Ur, Winona Lake 2014
More literature will be provided in Moodle.
Association in the course directory