040012 VK KFK CF: Corporate Restructuring (2016W)
Advanced Corporate Finance
- Registration is open from Mo 12.09.2016 09:00 to Th 22.09.2016 14:00
- Deregistration possible until Fr 14.10.2016 14:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Students are not allowed to use textbooks or notes or anything else besides a pocket calculator. The exam will take place on 31st of January 2017.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
By the nature of this course, personal attendance is required. The grade will consist of three parts:
Final Exam 45%
Participation (20%): Class participation is an important component of this course and will be judged based on attendance (5 % (you will receive 5% for attendance only if you have attended 80% of the classes)) and in-class contribution (15%) (asking questions and actively participating in the discussions ).
1) D.M. DePamphilis (D), Mergers, Acquisitions, and Other Restructuring Activities, Fifth Edition, 2010, Academic Press.
2) Brealey, Myers and Allen (BMA), Principles of Corporate Finance, 11th Edition (Global Edition), 2014, MacGraw-Hill. (PART 10 for Corporate Restructuring and M&A)
3) Weston, Mitchell and Mulherin (WMM), Takeovers, Restructuring, and Corporate Governance, Fourth Edition (International Edition), Pearson (Prentice Hall), 2004. (The 5th edition has not been available until July 2014.)
4) Damodaran Aswath (AD), Investment Valuation, 3rd edition, 2012 OR 2nd edition, 2002, John Wiley &Sons (either one is fine)Recommended readings:
Other suggested supplementary books include:
Damodaran Aswath, The dark side of Valuation, PHFT
Gaughan Patrick A., Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructurings, 3rd Edition, 2002, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Koller Tim, Goedhart Marc & Wessels David, Valuation - Measuring and Managing the value of companies, 4th edition, McKinsey & Company.Financial Press:
The Wall Street Journal Europe