040021 SE KFK WINF: Seminar on Business Intelligence (E) (2016W)
- Registration is open from Mo 12.09.2016 09:00 to Th 22.09.2016 14:00
- Deregistration possible until Fr 14.10.2016 14:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Participation on all lessons is mandatory. For an admission to the course, it is mandatory to be present on time at the first lesson and having chosen a seminar thesis topic within the first lesson.A participation on the first lesson without having chosen a seminar thesis topic leads to a deregistration from the course (without grading). As soon as a topic has been chosen by the student, he/she will be graded and cannot be deregistered any more.After positive registration, a non participation on one of the three lessons leads to a negative grading of the course, as one of the mandatory results (e.g. expose, thesis) cannot be delivered.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- mandatory participation on all lessons (see above)
- On time delivery of the exposee (paper and presentation) AND seminar thesis (paper and presentation) via Moodle. No late submissions, deadlines will be communicated in the first lesson.
- presentations can only be held if the paper (exposee / thesis) AND the presentation slides (exposee / thesis) have been submitted on time via Moodle.Grading will be done on the exposee paper (30%), the exposee presentation (10%), the thesis paper (40%), the thesis presentation (10%) and the students knowledge on his topics (10%).A minimum of >65% over all grading relevant topics has to be achieved to pass the course.
Any plagiarizing will automatically lead to neg. grading. A special focus will be held on scientific writing of the papers.The student can achieve max. 100 points (according to % distribution above), the grading is >92 points (1), >83 (2), >73 (3), >65 (4), <=65 (5).