040119 KU Banking and Financial Intermediation 1 (MA) (2021S)
- Registration is open from Th 11.02.2021 09:00 to Mo 22.02.2021 12:00
- Registration is open from Th 25.02.2021 09:00 to Fr 26.02.2021 12:00
- Deregistration possible until We 31.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
50% Midterm Exam
50% Final Exam
• Lecture notes
• Freixas, X. and Rochet, J.-C. (2008), Microeconomics of Banking, MIT Press.
• Gorton, G. and Winton, A. (2003), “Financial intermediation”, Handbook of the Economics of Finance, Vol. 1, 431–552.
• Greenbaum, S., Thakor A., and Boot, A. (2016), Contemporary Financial Intermediation, Elsevier Press.
• Research papers covered in the lectures.