040259 KU Advanced Quantitative Assessment of Public and Non-Profit Strategies I (MA) (2016W)
Bitte beachten Sie vor allem die Hinweise des Lehrenden ! Danke !
- Registration is open from Mo 12.09.2016 09:00 to Th 22.09.2016 14:00
- Deregistration possible until Fr 14.10.2016 14:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
• Delivery of the presentation and course paper(s) in time in an electronic version as well as in a hard copy version.
• The course paper(s) and presentation(s) have to meet the requirements of the department and common scientific guidelines (i.e. list all sources and provide adequate references, supplement text with tables and figures, avoid plagiarism, …)
• Write and present in English.
• Achieve a score of at least 50 points
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
• Workshops: max. 20 points
• Presentation of Course Paper(s): max. 30 points
• Written Version of Course Paper(s): max. 45 points
All parts have to be positive!
• Rauner, M.S., Schaffhauser-Linzatti M.M., Niessner, H. (2012) Resource planning for ambulance services in mass casualty incidents: A DES-based policy model, Health Care Management Science, 15(3): 254-269.
• Brailsford, S., Churilov, L., Dangerfield, B. (eds.) (2014) Discrete-Event Simulation and System Dynamics for Management Decision Making, John Wiley & Sons.
• Brennan A., Chick S., Davies R., A taxonomy of model structures for economic evaluation of health technologies, in: Health Economics 15:1295-1310, 2006
• Cooper K., Brailsford S., Davies R., Choice of modelling technique for evaluating health care technologies, in: The Journal of Operational Research 58, 2007
• Pidd, M., Computer Simulation in Management Science, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2004