040669 KU Simulation I (MA) (2021S)
- Registration is open from Th 11.02.2021 09:00 to Mo 22.02.2021 12:00
- Registration is open from Th 25.02.2021 09:00 to Fr 26.02.2021 12:00
- Deregistration possible until We 31.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Exam 1: 16.04.2021
Exam 2: 30.04.2021
Submission case-study: 30.04.2021
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- a midterm exam (35%, open book)
- a final exam (35%, open book)
- a mini case-study (30%, to be worked on individually, grading based on final report)At least 50% have to be obtained for a positive grade. The grading key is as follows:
4: 50% to <63%
3: 63% to <75%
2: 75% to <87%
1: 87% to 100%Cheating during an examination will be sanctioned according to the university's constitution in its current form (i.e., the entire course will not be graded but marked as cheated and counted as one attempt). Signing for another student will be counted as cheating as well (also during homework sessions).Students who want to take part in an exam are required to bring their student ID. Otherwise, they will be asked to go to the secretary's office to make a copy of the alternative ID (driver's licence, passport, etc.). Non-official IDs (bank cards, Vorteilscards, etc.) will NOT be accepted without any exceptions. This procedure will not extend the duration of the examination.The students' IDs will be checked only after handing out the examination sheets. Students who are not on the list or don't have a valid identification card will not be allowed to participate in the examination even if they were already handed an examination sheet.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
The assessment is based on the students' theoretical (e.g., solving problems from queuing theory) and practical capabilities (implementing simulation models in AnyLogic) acquired throughout the course.
Hillier, F.S., Lieberman, G. J.: Introduction to OperationsResearch, McGraw-Hill.
(Kelton, W.D.: Simulation withArena, McGraw-Hill.)
Handbook of Simulation (Wiley)