040676 KU Metaheuristics (MA) (2019W)
- Registration is open from Mo 16.09.2019 09:00 to Mo 23.09.2019 12:00
- Registration is open from Th 26.09.2019 09:00 to Fr 27.09.2019 12:00
- Deregistration possible until Mo 14.10.2019 12:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Given the methodological content of the exam, lecture notes and other books are not permitted during the exam.
During the course will be discussed with the students the possibility of having a homework assignment. In case the homework assignment is defined it will amount 20% of the final grade and the written exam 80%, otherwise the written exam will account for 100% of the final grade.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
In order to pass the course (minimum requirement) students have to achieve at least 50% in total.The other grades are distributed as follows:
4: 50% to <63%
3: 63% to <75%
2: 75% to <87%
1: 87% to 100%
Local search improvement methods
Metaheuristics (evolutionary and local search based)
Selection of chapters from these books:
• Michalewicz, Z. and Fogel, D.B. (2004). How to solve it: modern heuristics. Springer
• Talbi, El-Ghazali (2009). Metaheuristics: From Design to Implementation. Wiley
• Toth, P. and Vigo, D. (2002). The Vehicle Routing Problem, 1st edition. SIAM.
• Toth, P. and Vigo, D. (2014). Vehicle Routing: Problems, Methods and Applications, 2nd edition. SIAM.