052612 VU Multimedia Representation and Encoding (2020W)
- Registration is open from Mo 14.09.2020 09:00 to Mo 21.09.2020 09:00
- Deregistration possible until We 14.10.2020 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
!! NOTE: Due to SARS CoV-2, this course will take place in some hybrid form. Course units are held online, exams are planned to take place on-site. A detailed prospective schedule will be available via Moodle.
All organizational adjustments due to regulations wrt the SARS CoV-2 crisis will be announced in writing for you as participants of the course in Moodle and also sent via e-mail.
Hörsaal 3, Währinger Straße 29 3.OG
Hörsaal 2, Währinger Straße 29 2.OG
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Three assignments to be submitted throughout the semester,
each will be graded separately.
Grading will be based on
- the degree of completion of the assigned tasks
- the demonstrated understanding of the technologies and underlying concepts and theories.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- must submit a solution for each project assignment, and
- need to reach at least 50% of the maximum points achievable over all assignments, and
- need to reach at least 50% of the maximum points achievable over all written exams, and
- need to be present at each assessment meeting for the assignments if requested.Grading scale:
89% <= P <= 100% Sehr Gut (1)
76% <= P < 89% Gut (2)
63% <= P < 76% Befriedigend (3)
50% <= P < 63% Genügend (4)
0% <= P < 50% Nicht Genügend (5)
Required and recommended readings listed at the end of each chapter.
Additional learning material may be available through Moodle.