052613 VU Multimedia Retrieval and Content-Based Search (2017W)
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
three assignments to be submitted throughout the semester,
each will be graded separately.
Assignments not submitted will be graded with 0 points. Assignment 3 offers 10 additional bonus points for excellent solutions. Grading will be based on
- the completion of the assigned tasks
- the demonstrated understanding of the technologies and underlying theories.The final mark is calculated based on the two written test (each 20%) and the three assignments (each 20%).Grading scale:
89% <= P <= 100% Sehr Gut (1)
76% <= P < 89% Gut (2)
63% <= P < 76% Befriedigend (3)
50% <= P < 63% Genügend (4)
0% <= P < 50% Nicht Genügend (5)
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
To achieve a positive grading students
- need to reach at least 50% of the maximum points achievable over all assignments, and
- need to reach at least 50% of the maximum points achievable over all written tests, and
- need to be present at each assessment meeting for the assignments as requested.
Required and recommended readings listed at the end of each chapter.
Selected Chapters of Manning et al. "Introduction to Information Retrieval", available at: http://nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/information-retrieval-book.html
Additional papers will be available through Moodle.