070017 SE BA-Seminar - Great Britain and the continent in Modern Times (2019S)
- Registration is open from Fr 01.02.2019 09:00 to Mo 18.02.2019 12:00
- Registration is open from Fr 22.02.2019 09:00 to Th 28.02.2019 12:00
- Deregistration possible until Su 31.03.2019 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
During the first session an introduction into the seminar takes place and topics for presentations can be chosen!
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
1. regular participation (at least 80%)
2. one topic to be chosen and prepared more specifically by each student, which requires professional and independent research on the chosen topic (e.g. bibliography of literature, use of online databases and relevant internet portals)
3. self-study and preparation and follow-up of sessions
4. students practice scientific Argumentation on certain topics and present the acquired knowledge. A first outline, literature research and handout must be prepared for the own presentation .
5. preparation of short summaries, theses, etc.
6. final thesis/paper according to curriculum
Jeremy Black, Convergence or Divergence? Britain and the Continent, 1994
Oxford History of England (see volumes in the series)
Cambridge History of Europe (see volumes in the series)