070288 EX Excursion (2017W)
Vienna’s Food Hotspots. A field trip.
- Registration is open from Fr 01.09.2017 00:00 to We 20.09.2017 12:00
- Registration is open from Mo 09.10.2017 00:00 to We 11.10.2017 12:00
- Deregistration possible until Tu 31.10.2017 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
This course needs to be partially blocked on Saturdays. Please, reserve about four hours on the following dates:
October 23, November 18, 2017, and
January 13, 2018.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
1. The organization and preparation of meetings with a specialist of the Municipal and Provincial Archives of Vienna, the visit of different open marketplaces and one major food distributor at the periphery (REWE International at Wiener Neudorf) as well as different types of eateries in town. This yields 50% of the grade.
2. The writing of concise texts about two of the excursions for online publishing -- is 20% of the grade.
3. Revision and editing of all texts submitted by your peers in order to tune the common text into a uniform format. Values 30% of the grade.
Teamwork is essential.
For a positive grade, at least 51% of the above-mentioned requirements need to be fulfilled.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Article first published online: January 7, 2014; Issue published: January 1, 2014
Scholliers, Peter, and Anneke Geyzen. ‘Upgrading the Local: Belgian Cuisine in Global Waves’, Gastronomica. The Journal of Food and Culture 10 (2010) 49-56.