080104 SE Seminar: From the Byzantine Exarchate to the Leading Maritime Power of the Mediterranean (2021S)
The Birth and Rise of Venice up to the Fall of Constantinople in 1453, as portrayed in its Art and Architecture
- Registration is open from Mo 15.02.2021 10:00 to Mo 22.02.2021 10:00
- Deregistration possible until Tu 09.03.2021 12:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
The seminar will begin on 9.3. 2021 with an introduction and distribution of topics.
Participants must be present at the block meeting of presentations scheduled for Friday, 18 June and Saturday, 19 June 2021.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- presentation and PowerPoint
- a Seminar paper of approx. 40,000 characters (text only)
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- Attendance. A written attest must be submitted in case of illness or family emergency.
- All course components mentioned above must be completed to receive a positive grade.
- Seminar paper: To ensure academic integrity, the course instructor reserves the right to invite students to a discussion that influences their grade and must be considered positive after the seminar paper has been submitted.