100168 SE Language Attitudes in the Viennese Linguistic Landscape (2019W)
- Registration is open from Mo 16.09.2019 09:00 to Fr 20.09.2019 19:00
- Deregistration possible until Fr 20.09.2019 19:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
NOTE: Course requirements include a Photoshop training session, taking place on Fr October 25 2019 in an IT lab. Address: GIS-Labor, NIG, Universitätsstraße 7, 1st floor, Room C 109. Participation in this session is mandatory for all course participants.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- Active participation and completion of set tasks (such as readings, summary of a topical scientific article, e-learning): 10%
- Project work in groups: 30% – comprised of:
Project exposé and group presentation: 15% (group grade)
Data collection and data entry: 15% (individual grade)
- Seminar paper: 60% (ca. 25 pages of main text; individual grade). Deadline for submission: 4/30/2020.
N.B.: Each seminar paper, while based on the data collectively compiled by each group, is to be individually authored.
International students may submit their paper in English language, after prior consultation of the lecturer.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
This is a course with continuous assessment, for which attendance is mandatory (as per the decree of the Directorate of Studies: max. 3 absences).
- Submission of a personally authored seminar paper (of about 25 pages main text) is also mandatory.
- Compliance with the rules of good scientific practice is obligatory in all performance modules. (see the respective guidelines issued by the University of Vienna: https://studienpraeses.univie.ac.at/infos-zum-studienrecht/sicherung-der-guten-wissenschaftlichen-praxis/plagiat/)Grading scale:
Sehr gut: 100-90%; Gut: 89-80%; Befriedigend: 79-70%; Genügend: 69-60%; Nicht genügend: 59-0%.
Association in the course directory
Teilnahmevoraussetzung im UF Deutsch Diplom:
Zur Äquivalenzliste geht es hier: https://spl10.univie.ac.at/fileadmin/user_upload/s_spl10/Aequivalenzliste-abWS15.pdf