122221 SE Linguistics Seminar / BA Paper (2020W)
Reading and understanding spoken language
- Registration is open from Tu 08.09.2020 12:00 to Tu 15.09.2020 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Sa 31.10.2020 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
It seems increasingly likely that the seminar will need to be held digitally - to be confirmed nearer the time.
Update: 02 November 2020: for the time being, only digital!
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
• Data: SPICE-Ireland Corpus (sections as specified) (cf. Jeff Kallen & John Kirk SPICE-Ireland: A User's Guide (Belfast: Clo Ollscoil na Banriona, 2012) (corpus and User's Guide to be supplied by the tutor)
• Model: Kate Beeching; Pragmatic Markers in Spoken British English (CUP, 2016) (own copy essential!)
• Most classes will be held on a Tuesday 10.00-12.00, but some classes will be held on a Friday 14.00-16.00. Please check schedule carefully! It is essential that you attend all classes!
• 3 oral presentations per student in class, with power point or handout accompaniment
• 1 written assignment, of c. 7,500 words (excl. data appendices) per student, due 31 January 2021, to build on work done for oral presentations
Kate Beeching; Pragmatic Markers in Spoken British English (CUP, 2016) (own copy essential!)
Association in the course directory
Code/Modul: UF 4.2.3-222, BA06.2