123425 SE Literary & Cultural Studies Seminar / BA Paper / MA British/Irish/New English (2014S)
Decolonising the Mind
- Registration is open from Mo 10.02.2014 00:00 to Tu 25.02.2014 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Mo 31.03.2014 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- Short presentations
- Outline of bachelor thesis / seminar paper
- Bachelor theis / seminar paper
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- To contextualise the processes of decolonisation.
- To gain a complex understanding of the power relations in the family of the postcolony.
- To apply postcolonial criticism to the interpretation of African literature.
- Discussions in class
- Short student presentations
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Purple Hibiscus
Abdulrazak Gurnah, By the Sea
Johnny Masilela, We Shall Not Weep
The novels are available for purchase with Facultas. Some additional material will be available on Moodle.
Association in the course directory
Code/Modul: UF 4.2.4-322, BA09.2, 10.2, MA4, MA6, MA7;