Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, changes to courses and exams may be necessary at short notice. Inform yourself about the current status on u:find and check your e-mails regularly. Registration is mandatory for courses and exams. Wearing a FFP2 face mask and a valid evidence of being tested, vaccinated or have recovered from an infection are mandatory on site.
Please read the information on studieren.univie.ac.at/en/info.
142139 SE Introduction to the language and literature of the Vedas (2021W)
Continuous assessment of course work
Note: The time of your registration within the registration period has no effect on the allocation of places (no first come, first served).
- Registration is open from We 01.09.2021 08:00 to We 29.09.2021 10:00
- Deregistration possible until Su 31.10.2021 23:59
max. 36 participants
Fr 10:00-11:30, SR 5, ab 8.10.
Assessment and permitted materials
The proficiencies necessary for the course are:
- preparation of selected text passages
- active participation during classes
- a seminar paper consisting of the philological discussion of a small Vedic passage
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
The requirements to be fulfilled in the course are:
- active participation (25%)
- preparation of text passages (25%)
- seminar paper (50%)
The skills acquired during the course should enable independent reading and understanding of Vedic text material.
Last modified: We 15.09.2021 11:28