150136 UE Exercise Course on Political Systems in East Asia (2021S)
- Registration is open from Mo 08.02.2021 10:00 to We 24.02.2021 10:00
- Deregistration possible until Fr 26.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- Assignment on citation (multiple-choice test; 25 %)
- Assignment on literature review (25%)
- Presentation on research topic (25%)
- Assignment on research question (10%)
- Active participation (15%)
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
All minimum requirements and assessment criteria will be discussed during the first class. All related questions should be raised during the first meeting. By continuing this course, students automatically accept all minimum requirements and assessment criteria and confirm their understanding thereof. Therefore, attendance at the first class is mandatory. Absence at the first meeting will lead to automatic de-registration from this course. In case of absence of one of the following classes, the following rule applies: The final grade remains unchanged for up to three sessions missed (à 90 minutes). Students will fail the course, if absent for four sessions (online or in class) or more. Please note: To ensure a smooth proceeding of the seminar, be on time. Students who are late by more than 10 minutes will not be signed in on the attendance list. Please also ensure that you have a stable internet connection, a microphone and a webcam.As at least the first sessions of this exercise course will be conducted virtually, students are advised to:- Log in a couple of minutes before the start of the class in order to set the internet connection, audio and video settings. To facilitate discussions, it is highly recommended to keep your camera on during the sessions.
- Use a common internet browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Edge, Opera...).
- In case of technical difficulties, please contact your lecturer or a classmate.
- Please be aware that virtual classes will be recorded and made available online after the end of the session.