150180 VU Drug Policy in East Asia (2021S)
- Registration is open from Mo 08.02.2021 10:00 to We 24.02.2021 10:00
- Deregistration possible until Fr 26.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Throughout the Summer Semester, classes will take place virtually through the e-learning platform of Moodle. Students will be able to request appointments during office hours.
Office Hours: Mondays 3-4 pm (coordinate appointment per e-mail).
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- Quiz on International Drug Control Regime - IDCR (20%)
- Reading and commenting texts, written and in class online (50%)
- Essay on case study (30%)For completing the assignments and attending the course completely, students receive 4 ECTS.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Grading is based on a “continuous assessment of coursework” (“Prüfungsimmanente Lehrveranstaltung”). Repetition of individual assessment criteria, therefore, is not possible.Active participation in discussions and class exercises is encouraged and expected from students. Bearing this in mind, regular attendance is mandatory.During the first digital session (04.03.2021), the lecturer will explain all minimum requirements and assessment criteria. By continuing this course, students accept all minimum requirements and assessment criteria. Attendance at the first class thus is mandatory. Absence at the first meeting will lead to automatic de-registration from this course. If a student has troubles with the connection on Moodle, she/he must contact the lecturer per e-mail.In order to guarantee a stable connection, students are advised to:
- Log in a couple of minutes earlier in order to set the internet connection, as well as audio and video settings. The virtual room will be open 15 minutes before class begins;
- Use a common internet browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera...);
- For optimal audio quality, it is suggested to use headphones.