170224 UE Exercise Course "Media Transitions" (2021S)
Fairy Tales and their Retellings: Desire, Survival and the Forest
- Registration is open from Mo 08.02.2021 09:00 to Su 21.02.2021 23:55
- Registration is open from Th 25.02.2021 09:00 to Th 04.03.2021 23:55
- Deregistration possible until Fr 02.04.2021 23:55
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
1. a short comparative film analysis (700-900 words) (30%),
2. one-pager film reflections (10%) and
3. one of the following options, which will be the remaining 60% of the mark:
a. short video presentation or powerpoint with audio (10-15 minutes long)
b. essay (1500-2000 words)All three forms of assessment are compulsory. If you do not submit either of them this will result in a fail (negative mark).There is an option for writing a BA thesis (5.000-6.000 words) for this class. This will be additionally to the 3 assignments described above.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Students should be comfortable in spoken and written English.Attendance is compulsory. There will be a maximum of two absences in order to pass the class.
Students are expected to participate in class discussion (at the moment digitally).