180125 SE Master Thesis Seminar in Cognitive Science, Philosophy of Science and Knowledge Technologies (2020S)
HS 2i d. Inst. f. Philosophie, NIG, 2. StockWeitere Termine werden bei der Vorbesprechung bekannt gegeben!
- Registration is open from Th 20.02.2020 08:00 to Mo 02.03.2020 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Tu 31.03.2020 23:59
Corona Virus Information:
Please take a look at the associated Moodle Course for all information concerning the shift to "remote learning" for this seminar!
If you are registered, you will be informed via mail.
The dates (except for the conference) below are not valid any longer!
March 5, 2020 | 9-13h | HS 2i (NIG, Universitäststrasse 7, 2nd floor) | first meeting/Vorbesprechung
March 16, 2020 (Monday!) | 9-13h | HS 2i (NIG, Universitäststrasse 7, 2nd floor) | short presentation of your masters thesis project (everybody has to briefly present his/her project in max 3-5 min) + Research Question Workshop (powered by Frano Rismondo/CTL)
March 26, 2020 | 9-13h | HS 2i (NIG, Universitäststrasse 7, 2nd floor) | presentations of masters projects
April 20 (Monday!), 2020 | 9.30 (!!)-13h | HS 2i (NIG, Universitäststrasse 7, 2nd floor) | presentations of masters projects
April 23, 2020 | 9-13h | HS 2i (NIG, Universitäststrasse 7, 2nd floor) | presentations of masters projects
April 27 (Monday!), 2020 | 9-13h | HS 2i (NIG, Universitäststrasse 7, 2nd floor) | presentations of masters projects
June 18-20, 2020 | MEi:CogSci Conference @ University of Vienna* Optional Offer: Masters Thesis Writing workshop offered specifically for MEi:CogSci students by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL): March 27-28, 2020
-> see here for information and registration (please register asap): https://ctl.univie.ac.at/services-zur-qualitaet-von-studien/wissenschaftliches-schreiben/academic-writing-in-english/kick-off-workshop-for-master-theses/* IMPORTANT: You have to *register* for this course via https://uspace.univie.ac.at/ Otherwise we cannot issue a grade. More information about the registration period can be found above and here: https://ssc-phil.univie.ac.at/en/* Your have to be present at the first meeting (otherwise you will loose your place for this course)
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- Successful registration and being accepted for this course
- Your presence at the first meeting (otherwise you will loose your place for this course)
- Active participation in the seminar and teamwork sessions (you may miss max. 2 sessions [please inform the instructor ahead of time!])
- Active participation in the MEi:CogSci Conference (presenting your Master’s Thesis in a talk) and in the peer-review process for the conference (writing an extended abstract (max. 3000 characters), 2 reviews of colleagues' abstracts, final abstract for the conference proceedings following the conference´s format rules)
- oral presentation of your thesis in the seminar sessions
- Master’s thesis concept/exposé (following template provided)
- for further information, deadlines, and upload of your Masters thesis exposé see the MOODLE course (it is open after you have been accepted to this course)Assessment criteria:
40% | oral presentation of your thesis in the seminar sessions
40% | Master’s thesis concept (following template provided; deadline of upload April 30)
10% | Active participation in the seminar and peer-review process for the MEi:CogSci Conference (giving feedback, discussing)
10% | Active participation in the MEi:CogSci Conference (presenting your Master’s Thesis in a talk)%/points | grade
93-100 | sehr gut (1)
81-92 | gut (2)
71-80 | befriedigend (3)
61-70 | genügend (4)
0-60 | nicht genügend (5)Important note: if you decide *not* to participate in the seminar, please inform the instructor immediately and de-register until March 31! Otherwise you will receive a negative grade.