180153 SE Philosophy and Economics Thesis Colloquium (2021S)
- Registration is open from Fr 12.02.2021 09:00 to We 17.02.2021 10:00
- Registration is open from We 24.02.2021 09:00 to Mo 01.03.2021 10:00
- Deregistration possible until We 31.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
2) Presentation of your research project and a selected detail from it. The presentation should both give an overview of your overall project, and then present one element of it (e.g. an argument or a model) in detail. The presentation should include slides or a handout that your respondent can use to prepare for the response. These materials need to be uploaded by 12noon the day before the presentation. Weight: 40%. The desired length of the presentation will be determined at the beginning, depending on the number of colloquium participants and hence presentations per colloquium session.
3) Response to a presentation. The respondent briefly explains how they understood the research project, and raises two or more substantive clarificatory questions, critical objections, or suggestions, spelled out in some more detail than is usual for regular comments by the audience. Weight: 20%.
4) Chairing a presentation and discussion. The chair presides over the presentation, response, and discussion, attending to time keeping of the presenter and discussant, managing the queue of audience questions, and keeping within the overall time allocated to the presentation, response, and discussion. Weight: 20%.