190034 PS BM 5 Exemplification of Education Theories (AHP+EW+SB) (2020S)
Reconstucting pragmatism in relation to contemporary educational questions
- Registration is open from Sa 01.02.2020 06:30 to Th 20.02.2020 09:00
- Registration is open from Tu 25.02.2020 09:00 to Fr 28.02.2020 09:00
- Deregistration possible until Th 30.04.2020 09:00
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Die Lehrveranstaltung findet zur Zeit in Form von home-learning statt und nicht in den Räumlichkeiten der Universität Wien.Nähere Hinweise finden Sie auf moodle. Bitte beachten Sie die Ankündigungen auf der Moodle Plattform und nutzen die dort gebotenen Möglichkeiten.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- Case analysis of 2500-3000 words + bibliography (40%)
- Presentation of case analysis (20%)With the written examination of the literature, the students demonstrate their understanding of pragmatism as an intellectual current, including both classical and contemporary lines of thinking.In the case analysis, students apply the theoretical frameworks discussed during the lecture to analyze a contemporary urban educational practice and reflect on the possibilities and limits of the theories discussed during the seminars when theorizing such practices.Please also note that, while discussions and presentations can be in German, the major part of the readings for the seminar will be in English.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- Participation during the introductory session, the feedback session, and the student presentations is obligatory;
- A final grade will only be given if the student has fulfilled all the tasks (written examination + paper + presentation).