230049 SE Global demographic trends (2021S)
- Registration is open from Tu 02.02.2021 00:01 to Mo 22.02.2021 09:00
- Registration is open from Th 25.02.2021 00:01 to Fr 26.02.2021 09:00
- Deregistration possible until Sa 20.03.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
This course will be held digitally.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
2. Quality of final presentation (30 percent)
3. Quality of written annotated version of the presentation with clear definition data sources and methods used, discussion of results and references (60 percent)Important Grading Information:
If not explicitly noted otherwise, all requirements mentioned in the grading scheme must be met.
If a required task is not fulfilled, this will be considered as a discontinuation of the course. In that case, the course will be graded as ‘fail’ (5), unless there is a major and unpredictable reason for not being able to fulfill the task on the student's side (e.g. a longer illness).
In such a case, the student may be de-registered from the course without grading.
Whether this exception applies is decided by the lecturer.
If any requirement of the course has been fulfilled by fraudulent means, be it for example by cheating at an exam, plagiarizing parts of a written assignment or by faking signatures on an attendance sheet, the student's participation in the course will be discontinued, the entire course will be graded as ‘not assessed’ and will be entered into the electronic exam record as ‘fraudulently obtained’.
The plagiarism-detection service (Turnitin in Moodle) can be used in course of the grading: Details will be announced by the lecturer.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
For participation in discussions the student will receive 0-10 points
For the quality of the oral presentation the student will receive 0-30 points
For the quality of the written documentation the student will receive 0-60 pointsOnly if the student scores a total of over 50 points there will be a positive grade.