233043 SE Visual ethnographies of science: Investigating knowledge production through media practice (2021W)
*SE 233043 (5 ECTS, STS department)
*UE 240529 (5 ECTS, Anthropology department)
The two courses can only be taken together, not seperately. Therefore, please register for this class 233043, and you will then automatically be registered for 240529.
Participation at first session is obligatory!The obligatory corresponding seminar (240 529, S. Verstappen) is creditable for the STS-modules "Additional Individual Specialisation" and "Additional Social Research Methods" (prescribed courses).
- Registration is open from We 01.09.2021 09:00 to Mo 20.09.2021 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Fr 22.10.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
- As part of a group, carry out a fieldwork assignment involving camera-based research investigating scientific practice at a site of their choosing. This results in a mid-term assignment (30%) and a final film presentation (30%);
- Write an individual reflection paper concerning their fieldwork experiences, implementing key ideas from the course literature, films, and classes (30%).
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
- Mid-term assignment: 30%
- Final film presentation: 30%
- Reflection paper: 30%