240508 SE Reading Ethnographies and other Sources on Migration and Flight (P3, P4) (2016W)
Case Studies from the Greater Middle East
- Registration is open from Th 01.09.2016 00:01 to Tu 27.09.2016 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Su 16.10.2016 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
* attendance in 80% of all courses (up to 3 units à 2 hours may be missed)
* active participation in course discussions, presentations etc.
* preparation of handout for own presentation (1 to 2 pages)
* circulation of handout of own presentation to all course participants including instructor; handout has to be sent 48 hours before the respective presentation
* submission of written paper via the KSA Info-Center only
Paper either in English or German - should cover approx. 4000 words without bibliography (that is approx.12 pages in 12 fonds, one spaced)
Word count has to be written on front page of paper.
Papers that are substantially longer than the 4000 word will not be accepted
Final deadline for paper submission will be February 28th, 2017.
No extension will be granted!!!!
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Participation in class room discussions 5 %
Quality of handout for own presentation (including on-time submission 5 %
Paper Presentation 30 %
Final paper 60 %grades:
Sehr gut 100 % to 91 % of possible points
Gut 90 % to 76 % of possible points
Befriedigend 75 % to 61 % of possible points
Genügend 60 % to 51 % of possible points
Nicht genügend 50 % of possible points