240513 SE Tribe ad State Relations: Case Studies from the ME and Central Asia (P3) (2019W)
- Registration is open from Su 01.09.2019 00:01 to Mo 23.09.2019 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Mo 14.10.2019 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
* active participation in course discussions, presentations etc.
* preparation of brief summaries of obligatory reading material (approx. 500 words each, English or German)
* on time submission of summaries of obligatory reading material (for specific dates of submission see extra handout to be distributed in the first session)
* preparation of handout of student´s own presentation (1 to 2 pages)
* circulation of handout of own presentation to all course participants including instructor; handout has to be sent 48 hours before the respective presentation
* submission of written paper via the KSA Info-Center only
Paper either in English or German - should cover approx. 4000 words without bibliography (in 12 fonds, one spaced)
Word count has to be written on front page of paper.
Papers that are substantially longer than the 4000 word will not be accepted
Final deadline for paper submission will be February 29th, 2020.
No extension will be granted!!!!
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
Quality and on time fulfilling of other requirements (summaries of
obligatory reading, handout of own presentation 10 %
Paper Presentation 25 %
Final paper 60 %grades:
Sehr gut 100 % to 91 % of possible points
Gut 90 % to 76 % of possible points
Befriedigend 75 % to 61 % of possible points
Genügend 60 % to 51 % of possible points
Nicht genügend 50 % of possible pointsThe lecturer can invite students to a grade-relevant discussion about partial achievements. Partial achievements that are obtained by fraud or plagiarized result in the non-evaluation of the course (entry 'X' in certificate). From winter term 2019/20 the plagiarism software 'Turnitin' will be used for courses with continuous assessment.