240517 SE Preparatory Seminar for fieldwork course in Hungary (P4) (2021W)
- Registration is open from We 01.09.2021 00:01 to We 22.09.2021 23:59
- Registration is open from Mo 27.09.2021 00:01 to Tu 28.09.2021 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Mo 18.10.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Update 12.01.2022: Due to the current situation the course will be held digital until the end of the semester.
Update 13.12.2021: The course will be held digital until December 17.
Update 22.11.2021: The course will be held digital during lockdown.
If possible, the course is to be conducted in presence. Due to the respective applicable distance regulations and other measures, adjustments may be made.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
The assessment is based on four 4 parts, which each account for 25 points maximum:
1) Active reading and oral participation in the class
2) Short presentation of one of the texts (10 minutes) and preparing the discussion
3) Five short response papers for assigned readings (1-2 pages)
4) Final term paper of about ca. 8-10 pages to submitted until February 5th 2022 (noon)
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
91-100 points: 1 (excellent)
81-90 points: 2 (good)
71-80 points: 3 (satisfactory)
61-70 points: 4 (sufficient)
illiberalism in provincial Hungary. Social Science Information 59(3): 459–483.Laitinen, Arto/ Pessi, Anne Birgitta (eds.). 2014. Solidarity: Theory and Practice. Lexington Books.Weitere Literatur wird im Seminar bekannt gegeben.