240518 SE (In)equality: A critical investigation (P4) (2021W)
- Registration is open from We 01.09.2021 00:01 to We 22.09.2021 23:59
- Deregistration possible until Mo 18.10.2021 23:59
Classes (iCal) - next class is marked with N
Update 12.01.2022: Due to the current situation the course will be held digital until the end of the semester.
Update 13.12.2021: The course will be held digital until December 17.
Update 22.11.2021: The course will be held digital during lockdown.
If possible, the course is to be conducted in presence. Due to the respective applicable distance regulations and other measures, adjustments may be made.
Aims, contents and method of the course
Assessment and permitted materials
2) Each student will briefly reflect upon their fellow students' presentations of examples – and related discussion – and submit their reflections two days after each respective presentation/session. This assignment will count towards 20 points of the final mark.
3) Each student will write an individual paper of 3,500 to 5,000 words in which they will reflect upon a theme related to the course material (with the help of a proper research question), to be handed in at the end of the course. This will count towards 40 points of the final mark.NB. Please note, all written assignments will be checked with anti-plagiarism software.
Minimum requirements and assessment criteria
2) With prior notification and a valid reason, an absence of a maximum two session, i.e. approximately 20% of the total hours, will be allowed.
3) All assignments have to be completed.
4) In the case of group assignments, each student should have an active and fair contribution to the assignment (all students involved in a particular group have to be present during their presentation/assignment; hence, they cannot request absence apart from for very important reasons).